Zero Carbon Yorkshire is a network organisation connecting people and organisations across the county to share ideas and actions that work towards a zero carbon region. They are a Yorkshire-based group of campaigners, academics and organisations and have built a strong network of contacts and supporters across the region.
BecoWallform are very happy to be supporting this venture and will be taking part in their presentation this month (July) at the Leeds Beckett University.
The focus of the presentation will be the theme of ‘Scaling up’ and how to deliver low energy buildings on a large scale and at speed, in response to the UK Government’s recent declaration of a ‘climate emergency’.
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- ‘ICF construction as a practical option for economic low energy buildings on a large scale’, Robin Miller, BecoWallform
- ‘Scaling up fresh air as well as zero carbon: the challenge of ventilation in practice’: Jenny Brierley, PhD Researcher, University of Sheffield
- ‘How offsite construction can help deliver low energy homes at scale’: Nigel Banks, Product & Marketing Director, Ilke Homes
- ‘Case study of a Yorkshire EnerPHit project and lessons for ‘scaling up’ low energy retrofits’: Claire Jamieson, Phi Architecture
- ‘Kickstarting a retrofit revolution in York’ – Tom de Simone & Jonny Stokeld, members of York Community Energy’s new Warmer York working group, which is aiming to establish a market for home retrofit in York.
- ‘A developer’s view of building Passivhaus at scale’ – David Bradley & Kevin Pratt, PureHaus
Tickets for the event are free, just register at Zero Carbon Yorkshire
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: BPA301, Broadcasting Place, City Campus, Leeds Beckett University, Leeds LS1 3HE